Most of us use gadgets such as SmartPhones, tablets, laptops and SmartWatches every day. But with the cost of these items often running in to thousands of £s, it’s important to protect them so that if they do get lost or damaged, we can replace them quickly. Plus Insurance’s Gadget Cover gives that peace of mind.
Why insure with us…
- Comprehensive– choose from 2 levels of cover and 3 excess levels
- Instant Coverif your gadget is less than 60 days old
- No Limit on Claimswhile you’re insured with us
- Worldwide Coveras Standard
- 24/7 Online Claims– simple and easy process
- Easy Payments– monthly or annual cover payments
- Save Money– when you pay annually
- Multi-gadget Discounts – insure multiple gadgets for less
Elite cover includes:
- Accidental damage
- Liquid damage
- Cracked screen
- Year-round worldwide cover
- Unauthorised calls
- £150 acessory cover
- E-Wallet protection
(Please note: cover varies depending on the gadget and cover level selected. Cover is subject to the terms and conditions of the policy)
What gadgets can I cover?
- Smart Watches
- Video Cameras
- Games Consoles
- Hand Game Consoles
- VR Headsets
- eBook Readers
- Portable Media Players
Here are the answers to our most commonly asked questions. If you still need help, please email us at email@example.com.
What is Gadget Insurance?
Plus Insurance’s Gadget Insurance provides cost-effective cover for personal electronic and communication devices.
What Gadgets do we cover?
Gadgets include: iPhones, SmartPhones, iPads, Tablets, Laptops, Smart Watches, Cameras, Video Cameras, Headphones, Games Consoles, Hand Game Consoles, VR Headsets, Sat-Navs, eBook Readers, Portable Media Players.
What is covered by our policy?
- Accidental Damage* – We will pay the cost of repairs if your gadget is damaged as the result of an accident. If your gadget is not repairable then we will provide you with a replacement gadget.
- Breakdown – We will pay repair costs if your gadget suffers an electrical or mechanical breakdown occurring outside of the manufacturers guarantee period. If your gadget is not repairable then we will provide you with a replacement gadget. Breakdown cover not covered on laptops.
- Cracked Screens – We will pay the cost of repairs if the screen of your Smartphone is damaged as the result of an accident. If your gadget is not repairable, we will provide you with a replacement gadget.
- Liquid Damage – We will pay the cost of repairs if your gadget is damaged by liquid as the result of an accident. If your gadget is not repairable then we will provide you with a replacement gadget.
- Theft – If you have chosen cover for Theft and your gadget is stolen we will provide you with a replacement gadget. Where only part or parts of your gadget have been stolen, we will only replace that part or parts.
- Loss** – If you have chosen cover for Loss, we will provide you with a replacement gadget. Accidental loss cover is only available on mobile phones, iPhones, iPads, tablets and smartwatches.
- Unauthorised Calls – If your mobile phone or smart phone is lost or stolen, we will refund the cost of unauthorised calls and data made from it after the time it was lost or stolen up to a maximum of £10,000.
- Overseas Cover – Our gadget insurance policy provides overseas cover as standard for 365 days a year unlike many other gadget insurance companies.
- E-Wallet Protection – If your gadget is covered for being lost or stolen, the cost of unauthorised transactions using your e-wallet PIN up to £500 within the first 24 hours is covered.
- Accessories – If your claim for your gadget is approved, we will replace any accessories that were accidentally lost, stolen or accidentally damaged at the same time as your gadget up to a maximum value of £150.* Only in force if you select the Elite Cover option
** Loss cover is only available for Smartphones, iPads, Tablets and Smartwatches
What is Multi-Gadget Insurance?
Multi-Gadget Insurance is a great way to insure all your gadgets on a single policy. By adding multiple devices onto the same policy, we will automatically apply a multi-gadget discount to your premium.
When does cover begin?
Immediate cover is available for any gadget under 60 days old. A 14-day exclusion period applies for all gadgets over 60 days of age at the beginning of your policy.
Can I insure a phone for other family members?
Yes, cover is available for your mother, father, son, daughter, spouse or domestic partner who resides with you at your Home. Policies can only be issued to persons over 18 years of age.
How do I make a claim?
Do I need to supply a receipt if I make a claim?
Is there an excess to pay?
Yes, an excess is your contribution in the event of a successful claim. There are three different excesses to choose between, £50, £75 or £100. The higher the excess, the cheaper the premium becomes. You get to choose the excess when you prepare your policy and the excesses are fixed regardless of the nature of your claim. The excess is payable on each and every claim.We have three excess options available, £50, £75 or £100 which are available subject to the age and type of gadget you’re looking to insure. The best way to compare the benefits is here: https://secure.covercloud.co.uk/plusinsurance/gadget/select. Simply select your gadget using the drop-down menu to identify the policies and excesses available to you. The excess is payable on each and every claim.
How many claims can I make in a year?
How can I report theft or malicious damage to the police?
Can I choose when my cover starts?
Are my gadgets covered overseas?
I purchased my device some time ago, can I insure it?
How will I receive my policy documents after purchasing a policy?
How do I pay for policy?
What is a Monthly Direct Debit?
Does my home insurance policy cover my gadgets?
What is E-Wallet Protection?
What happens if I change my gadget(s) or home address?
You can notify us of any changes via telephone on 01234 716002 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I renew my policy?
Yes, we will contact you up to 30 days before the annual renewal date of your policy and we will tell you then if there are any changes to your premium. To ensure continuation of cover, we will then automatically renew your policy unless you advise us otherwise.
How can I cancel my insurance?
You may cancel your insurance policy within 14 days of purchase without penalty and we will provide a full refund provided you have not made a claim. After 14 days, you may cancel the policy at any time and receive a pro rata refund less an administration fee of £15 provided you have not made a claim. If you pay by Direct Debit and have claimed, you can cancel your policy once the full annual premium has been paid. You can cancel your insurance, by giving notice of cancellation contact us by telephone on 01234 716002 or by email at email@example.com, quoting your surname, post code and policy number.
How can I make a complaint?
If you wish to lodge a complaint against any aspect of Plus Insurance’s service in the sale of your policy please contact us by telephone on 01234 716002 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Significant Exclusions or Limitations
As with all policies of this type there are certain limitations and certain things that are not covered. The most significant exclusions of this policy are set out below. There may be other exclusions that are significant to you, so you need to check the policy document for full details.
- Gadgets must be less than 3 years old at the start date of the insurance for the Elite level policy or less than 1 year old for the Theft & Loss Only policy. There is no age limit for the Elite level policy when renewing your policy with us.
- You will not be able to make a claim within the first 14 days of the start date of the policy if your gadget is over 60 days old.
- Proof of usage (evidence from your network provider showing your phone has been in use since the policy was purchased and up to the event giving rise to the claim) may be requested if you make a claim.
- An excess applies to each and every claim.
- Loss cover is only available for mobile phones, iPads, tablets and smartwatches.
Cover is subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
All premiums are inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) which is 12%.